Abigail Bowen is an artist living in Brighton, UK who paints at ‘The Edge of The Rainbow’. The term comes from Donna Tartt’s novel, The Goldfinch as she describes a space that sits just beyond reality, where all beauty, magic and art exists. Our conversation covers loss, road races, and dogs, and how important it is to identify that thing that you want to express and take out into the world.
1. You show up, you commit, you don’t let people down, and you put something back into the community.
2. Don't give up when you get frustrated by your materials.
3. Don’t overcomplicate things.
4. Work hard, be generous and don’t take yourself too seriously.
5. Chiropractic and acupuncture treatments, wine, and a dog go a long way to self-care.
6. The technical aspects of art didn't come together until I had something I wanted to say.
Mentioned in this episode
Follow Abigail Bowen on Instagram
Follow Abigail Bowen on Facebook
Abigail Bowen’s website
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.