Deb is a scientist by day, and artist by night and weekend. She works with a variety of media, using film and photography, metalwork and encaustic to scratch her creative itch. We talk about the connection between art and science, not taking things too seriously, and finding time to recharge.
- Be more open and generous and accept what is in the world right now.
- Science and art are great places to learn how to question everything and how to look out for yourself.
- Sometimes calamity happens and then it just backs away again.
- All art comes from something you’re expressing. Even if you’re not ready to hear it yourself, it might be time for someone else to receive it.
- It would be really hard to be the sand reckoner.
Mentioned in this episode
Follow Deb Dila on Instagram
Deb Dila’s website
Var Gallery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
ArtPrize, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hamlin Lake, Michigan